Place and Date
The X Madrid GO Tournament is open to everyone. It will be held the 5th and 6th of May 2007. It is valid to qualify for the Spanish Championship.
This year and for the first time, the University is going to participate in the event. The organization will be shared between Universidad Politécnica Sur de Madrid, Nam-Ban Go Club and Círculo Catalán de Madrid.
The exact place and indications how to best get there will be available soon.
- Mc-Mahon system, 5 rounds. Bar at 2 dan or higher
- Japanese rules
- 60 minutes per player per round, plus Canadian byoyomi (20 stones in 5 minutes).
- 6.5 komi
The X Madrid GO tournament is valid to qualify for the Spanish Championship. It is open to all GO levels and to all nationalities.
- Normal: 30
- Pre-registration plus bank transfer: 20 (1)
- Nam-Ban GO club member: 20 (2)
- Universidad Politécnica student: 20 (2)
- Under 18: 12 (2)
- Under 15 kyu: 12 (2)
(1) Payments due before April 28th to current account # 2100 0600 87 0202142843 , bank ‘La Caixa’, holder ‘Club de Go Nam-Ban del Círculo Catalán de Madrid’, item ‘TM’ plus the name of the player.
(2) No need for bank transfer, but the pre-registration form must be fulfilled.
Please, fill in this form before April 28th in order to pre-register. Remember you have to be at the playing premises the day the tournament starts in order to participate
Saturday, May 5th
- 09:30 - 10:30 h: Registration/sign-in
- 10:30 - 11:00 h: Pairing
- 11:00 - 13:30 h: First round
- 13:30 - 16:00 h: Lunch break
- 16:00 - 18:30 h: Second round
- 18:30 - 21:00 h: Third round
Sunday, May 6th
- 09:30 - 12:00 h: Fourth round
- 12:00 - 14:30 h: Fifth round
- 14:30 h: Awarding ceremony and aperitif
Prizes (not cumulative)
- Tournament winner: 500
- Second best: 300
- Third best: 150
- Best Spanish player: 150 (in case no Spanish player is listed in the three first positions)
- Best player in each of the ranges 1k-3k, 4k-6k, 7k-9k, 10k-12k, 13k-15k, 16k-18k y 19k-20k: GO book or GO equipment.
- Saturday: Universidad Politécnica (Campus de Vallecas) restaurant.
- Sunday: Aperitif offered by the organization to all participants.
The organization has booked some 4-people rooms for the nights of May 4th and 5th in Youth Hostel "Marcenado" (mixed and with no age limit) placed in 28 Santa Cruz de Marcenado, close to c/ Princesa and Plaza de España (see attached map). You have all the information concerning prices (8,50 with breakfast for youngsters under 26 and a bit more for the rest), schedules, room types, etc. in www.reaj.com (Madrid/Marcenado).
Participants SHOULD NOT make any booking, but pay the price of their stay to Nam-Ban Club current account # 2100 0600 87 0202142843 BEFORE APRIL 28th, deadline to confirm stays. Preinscriptions will not be considered if payment has not been received by that date. You should also send an email to specifying the name(s) of the participants and nights of stay.
This year we have hired a bus to facilitate the journey to the tournament place. Service will be free for all the participants and it will be available both Saturday and Sunday.
If you have any doubt, please contact