Place and Date
The XI Madrid GO Tournament is open to everyone. It will be held the 26th and 27th of April 2008. It is valid to qualify for the Spanish Championship.
The tournament will be held at Escuela de Telecomunicaciones, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. It is located in the center of Madrid (different from last year's) and can be easily reached by tube or by bus from Moncloa. For more information follow this link.
- Recommended: take the tube to Moncloa (lines 3 and 6) and just in front of the tube station you can take bus 82, which will take you directly to the tournament's place.
- Other option: take the tube to "Ciudad Universitaria" (line 6, one stop away from Moncloa) and walk up Avenida de la Complutense for 20 minutes.
- Other possible buses/tube stations: 132, 80, U, F, G and tube station "Metropolitano"
- Mc-Mahon system, 5 rounds.
- Japanese rules (see rules)
- 60 minutes per player per round, plus Canadian byoyomi (20 stones in 5 minutes). With digital clocks, players will have 3 byoyomi periods of 20 seconds.
- 6.5 komi
The XI Madrid GO tournament quelifies for the Spanish Championship. It is open to all GO levels and to all nationalities.
|Until April 18th||After April 18th|
|Nam-Ban GO club member|
Universidad Politécnica student
Under 15 kyu
Payment is required for players resident in Spain and due before April 18th to current account # 2100 0600 87 0202142843 , bank ‘La Caixa’, holder ‘Club de Go Nam-Ban del Círculo Catalán de Madrid’, item ‘TM’ plus the name of the player.
Please, fill in this form before April 18th in order to pre-register.
Remember you have to be at the playing premises the day the tournament starts in order to participate.
Saturday, April 26th
- 09:30 - 10:30 h: Registration/sign-in
- 10:30 - 11:00 h: Pairing
- 11:00 - 13:30 h: First round
- 13:30 - 16:00 h: Lunch break
- 16:00 - 18:30 h: Second round
- 18:30 - 21:00 h: Third round
Sunday, April 27th
- 09:30 - 12:00 h: Fourth round
- 12:00 - 14:30 h: Fifth round
- 14:30 h: Awarding ceremony and aperitif
Prizes (not cumulative)
- Tournament winner: 500
- Second best: 300
- Third best: 150
- Best Spanish player: 150 (in case no Spanish player is listed in the three first positions)
- Best player in each of the ranges 1k-3k, 4k-6k, 7k-9k, 10k-12k, 13k-15k, 16k-18k y 19k-20k: varied prizes.
This year we offer the possibility of reserving a Japanese menu (bento), made by the Japanese restaurant Dakichi, when filling the pre-registration form, for Saturday's lunch. Its price is 13€ and it will be paid during the signing in, before the first round.
* All players who signed up before this option was available, will be contacted by email.
There are plenty of options for different prices, recommending the city center (Callao, Sol, Plaza España, Argüelles, full of hostels), only 1 - 4 tube stations away (line 3). For instance check:
Albergue Juvenil Marcenado
Calle de Santa Cruz de Marcenado, 28
Price: please ask.
- Double room with bathroom and TV - 42€
- Triple room with bathroom and TV - 57€
- Single room with bathroom - 38€
- Double room with bathroom - 48€
- Triple room with bathroom - 60€
- Double room with shared bathroom - 30€, with shower - 35€
- Multiple room with shared bathroom - 35€, with shower - 40€
Hostal Arti **
Gran Via 76 2º, Madrid
Area: City Center - Gran Vía
Price: aprox. 25€
Tlf: (+34)91 547 66 00, (+34)91 548 48 75
Hostal Hispano America ***
Gran Via 63 5ª piso, Madrid, Comunidad de Madrid
Area: City Center - Gran Vía
Price: aprox. 42€
Hotel Sofitel Plaza De España *****
Tutor 1, Madrid, 28008
Price: aprox. 100€
(+34)915419880 - (+34)915425736
If you have any doubt, please contact